TheVentureCity is a venture capital fund and tech ecosystem accelerator based in Miami and Madrid. Our mission is to help tech startups who are ready to expand internationally with growth capital and hands-on operational guidance. The work environment is optimistic, collaborative, diverse, busy—and fun!
We are looking for the data engineer to join TheVentureCity’s Data and Growth Team in Madrid. Our team enables data-driven decision making at the early stage companies that we invest in and accelerate. We need a data engineer to support this work by facilitating the flow of data. This role is an opportunity to work with a variety of data sets related to disparate business models and stages of business growth and to integrate analytic tools and systems that help product and business teams make better decisions. From day to day, your tasks will vary. You will work with diverse Startup and internal teams to integrate, access, wrangle, and munge data; build ETL pipelines and connectors to different data platforms; and support startup teams and founders on improving their analytics instrumentation and data analytics capabilities.
- Design, build and launch reliable data integration pipelines to move and transform data from diverse external data sources and SaaS tools, including SQL and No-SQL databases, SaaS analytics tools like Amplitude, MixPanel, DOMO, Google Analytics, etc.; Marketing platforms like Facebook Ads, Google Ads, etc.; Data file exports in CSV, JSON, etc.
- Optimize and maintain existing data integration pipelines, ensuring that data arrives accurately and on-time.
- Own data quality within the company and keeper of data schemas used in various key processes.
- Build and maintain internal data stores that can serve as the source of truth for various high-level priorities.
- Create scripts to automate data integration and transformation processes, using the low-code/no-code approach as much as possible.
- Work cross-functionally with TheVentureCity teams to define problems, design, integrate and build solutions to collect data and keep it accesible and available.
- Share data expertise inside and outside the company
- Advise portfolio companies on data infrastructure, instrumentation, and similar issues
These skills and personal characteristics are critical to success in this position:
- Learning agility
- Zest for learning about new methods, platforms, technologies, and systems
- Capacity to work autonomously as a member of our geographically distributed team
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent work streams
We’re looking for someone whose background looks like the following:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science, engineering
- Robust and demonstrable SQL skills
- Experience with Python scripts and creating/deploying Docker containers
- Experience using REST APIs to export data from SaaS Analytics tools
- Experience with popular SQL and No-SQL databases like AWS Redshift, Google BigQuery, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience with cloud data storage systems such as AWS S3, AWS Athena, AWS Glue or equivalent tools on Google Cloud.
- Experience with third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Amplitude, Mixpanel, Branch, Facebook Ad Manager, Google Ads, etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization and Dashboard tools like Metabase, Google Data Studio, Tableau and similar.
- Familiarity with DOMO is a plus
- Experience in collaborating with cross-functional partners and independently driving projects and decisions
- Fluency in both Spanish and English is a plus
- Physically located in Madrid Spain
- Authorized to work in Spain