R E L O A D L Y
Senior Java/Spring Application Support Engineer
Reloadly is a tech startup removing the complexities in mobile airtime and digital gifting with our flexible cloud APIs built for developers. We enable & empower users to send credit to over 5 billion mobile phones.
- Rapid growth – We’re growing quickly which gives our employees exciting opportunities to take on new challenges and have a significant impact on the company’s future.
- Laid back work environment – Employees enjoy coming to work in jeans, working in an open environment, and lounging on couches with their laptop.
- An exciting, evolving industry – The telecom business is booming and changing every day, which means that we are always adapting to stay ahead of the curve.
- Everyone has a voice and can make their mark – Every employee has the opportunity to implement new processes, design new programs, and be creative within their unique role.
We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable, and talented technical individual to join our team as a Senior Java/Spring Application Support Engineer. You should have experience supporting Linux based cloud applications, troubleshooting and resolving issues reported by users or monitoring tools, deploying application changes in a production environment, and acting as product owner for issues escalated to next level teams and driving those priorities on behalf of the business. The ideal Senior Application Support Engineer candidate has demonstrated the ability to successfully manage incidents and changes while maintaining the highest level of platform availability.
- Manage and administer all cloud production applications
- Maintain version concurrency across multiple production cloud application environments
- Coordinate planning and scheduling of production changes with internal teams
- Implement scheduled changes and perform pre & post-change validation
- Handle issues reported by internal or external resources while working to ensure response and resolution times meet published SLAs
- Establish root cause of issues; identify problems and contributing factors
- Provide continue process improvement through automation of fix actions or empowering lower level teams with documentation and training
- Supplement and refine system monitoring as needed to maintain system health pursuant to high levels of uptime and availability
- Troubleshoot interoperability issues between production cloud applications and mobile devices
- Assess capacity of systems and provide monthly metrics along with suggested changes to internal teams
- Participate in SOX compliance planning and reporting
- Provide on-call technical support, able to work nights and/or weekends as needed
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or 7 years equivalent work experience
- Experience working in cloud hosted production environments
- Background working with Linux and other open source technologies
- Strong organizational, documentation, metric and trend analysis reporting skills and desire for continuous process improvements.
- Highly experienced with planning and implementing changes
- Experience using Git, Jira and some of the following: Confluence, Amplitude, New Relic, AppDynamics, Datadog, Solarwinds, Pingdom, Firebase, Jenkins, Graylog, PagerDuty
- Experience configuring site-to-site VPN is a plus.
- Experience with Android, iOS management & support is a plus
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others.
- Work with the team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Ensure clear documentation of created/modified functionality.
- Independently propose and create solutions.
- Drive idea generation with peers and other stakeholder within the organization to identify areas that require improvement.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to evaluate and resolve systems issues
- Highly self-motivated and directed with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment while managing changing priorities
- Minimum 7 years of experience developing back-end Java applications
- Capable of transforming business requirements into technical design
- Deep technical understanding of Java, Spring (Spring Boot), and Hibernate, RDBMS (MySQL/MariaDB)
- Be well versed in design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond.
- RDBMS design principles and familiarity with MySQL.
- Unit testing with Junit and mocking frameworks like Mockito or EasyMock or others
- Solid understanding of REST
- Well versed in creating REST services, and consuming SOAP webservices
- Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking-you’re able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes.
- Be organized and process-oriented.
- Configuration and deployment management preferably with technologies like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Kubernetes, Capistrano, MCollective, Fabric, Docker, Packer, Terraform, etc
- Experience with scripting and interpreted languages such as Bash, Python, etc
- Advanced SQL report writing
- Working in rapidly scaling start-up environments
- Working on an Agile team