TheVentureCity is a venture capital fund and tech ecosystem accelerator based in Miami and Madrid. Our mission is to help early stage tech startups who are ready to expand internationally with growth capital and hands-on operational guidance. The work environment is optimistic, collaborative, diverse, busy—and fun!
TheVentureCity’s Lab Team advises our portfolio and accelerator companies on product strategy and guides them on execution by providing actionable advice on their product roadmap and priorities and product UI/UX that is grounded in user insight and available product data. We have built an intensive six month program for early stage companies that focuses on the foundations of product market fit and are seeking expert advice in how to build and experiment to get to the next stage of their growth.
We are looking for an empathetic product leader to join the team in Madrid. The role will serve as a champion for product inside TheVentureCity in Europe and will help the teams we work with have a headstart in terms of product vision and execution. He/she will bring a passion for startups and willingness to work with the entrepreneurs in our program.
Responsibilities are focused on supporting the companies inside TheVentureCity in the following areas:
- Setting a compelling long-term product vision
- Defining the product strategy and creating goals to realize the team’s vision
- Creating and / or improving user onboarding flows
- Defining the User Journey
- Ideation, research, design, development and launch of user-centric products in partnership with other members of The Venture City Lab team that includes engineers and data scientists
- Understanding user needs; identifying and defining product requirements
- Defining and analyzing metrics that inform product success & health
We’re looking for someone whose background looks like the following:
- 5+ years of product management experience
- 2+ years of experience with online consumer experiences, marketplaces, e-commerce, or working with B2B products
- You have experience leveraging qualitative and quantitative data, balanced with product intuition, to create a compelling product vision and to drive product decisions. You have experimented extensively and worked closely with a data team to design, analyze, and interpret the results of experiments. When experiments weren’t the answer — built new products and features from the ground up which subjectively did the right thing for users.
- You have demonstrated a track record of product leadership and are able to lead and influence teams
- Worked at a startup (or created one) and can think like (or have been) a startup founder
- Fluent English (a must have)
The following skills and personal characteristics are critical to success in this position:
- You are a big, bold thinker with a track record of developing creative/innovative solutions
- You are a storyteller. You are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CEO.
- You are curious about different industries and markets and excited to work in an environment involving different stakeholders and subject matter experts
- You have experience working in a global team, collaborating across multiple geographies and handling multiple concurrent work streams
- You are passionate about technology and keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
- You are excited to build and support entrepreneurial communities with a focus on product/tech/design, and willing to share your knowledge
- You are empathetic to the plight of early stage founders and the tough challenges they face while building their businesses