L E S S O N B E E
Educational Content Lead – Senior Producer
Lessonbee Inc. is building a future where health and wellness are at the center of classroom instruction, and students have access to the lessons they need for success in school and in life. Our transformative health education platform and adaptive digital curriculum are democratizing health and sex education by making comprehensive, culturally responsive, medically accurate, and skills-based health education possible for every student in the US, regardless of their location.
We’re a small team doing big things in edtech, and were recently featured in TechCrunch, Forbes and Fast Company. Our values are authenticity, bravery, creativity, diversity, and clarity. As we evolve our mission to promote health and lifelong learning, we’re looking for an experienced content lead to help scale our content operations. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will oversee the strategy, development, and production of educational content for Lessonbee, and our third-party content certification process, with a focus on creating culturally competent content that connects learners to the Lessonbee brand.
Demonstrable experience leading and scaling the full lifecycle of content production, and a track record of successful supervision and management of in-house and remote creatives are required. Ideal candidates will have recent experience (1) as a successful content creator; video or podcast, (2) aligning social emotional learning and culturally responsive teaching best practices in educational media, and/or (3) developing digital learning for anti-racism, health or sexuality education.
- Manage 1 or more direct reports and oversee instructional design, elearning development, and video production processes, acting as creative director and project manager, and prioritizing scalability and growth
- Conduct quality review of all deliverables throughout the content production lifecycle, ensuring adherence to established guidelines
- Analyze needs and opportunities, establish and refine content production guidelines, maintain production schedules and ensure on-time execution
- Identify, certify, and curate relevant content to enhance the content library
- Provide guidance by identifying appropriate standards, outcomes, assessments, and other materials to support the development of skills-based digital learning experiences
- Drive awareness of Lessonbee through thought leadership
- Continually evaluate the content production process to identify opportunities for efficiency, including assessment of internal and external capabilities
- Connect the dots between content production and growth strategy, and regularly report KPIs to the team and leadership
- Support customer acquisition and retention
- 3 years of experience leading content strategy for a high growth online course platform and producing high quality content on aggressive timelines
- Familiarity with instructional design best practices high degree of creativity
- Self-starter with innate sense of curiosity and capacity for multidisciplinary thinking
- Positive approach to giving and receiving feedback, strong sense of accountability, acute attention to detail, and high degree of self-awareness
- Familiarity with culturally responsive teaching best practices
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Passion for promoting health and lifelong learning
We fully support working remotely.