We are looking for a Backend Developer, starting ASAP, remotely.
We are a leading app in the University space, with half a million students and backed by international investors. We’re now expanding in the United States, and you can be part of our crazy journey.
- Uniwhere is an app that takes stress out of University by making it more connected and more predictable. With it, students can keep track of their performance, stay on top of administrative duties, connect and help each other out, while receiving data-driven suggestions on how to improve their employability index.
- We are working every day to create a space where students can connect and emerge as their best self, with more than half a million students belonging to our tribe
- Our HQ is Berlin and our legal office for hirings is in Italy. We’re a fully remote company, though. We’re working in 4 different timezones between US and EU
- We’re a team of builders more comfortable to prove a point by doing rather than by talking
About the role
- You’ll help scale our university integration infrastructure for serving millions of students. It’s a complex system of several moving parts: you will maintain it, and optimise it
- You’ll work with the mobile team to deliver improvements and new features that will massively impact our user base
- You’ll improve our career guidance pipeline, fetching and delivering millions of data-points
- Backend side we’re working with Kotlin and Python, while the infrastructure is managed and deployed using Docker on AWS and Digital Ocean. We also have some legacy code in Java.
- You have 1-2 years of experience as Backend Developer: we’re not looking for a senior, but you should’ve already seen the «real world»
- You know how REST APIs work, how to ship them, and how to do so while making mobile & frontend developers happy
- A plus if you have some DevOps experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD tools, Docker, Nexus and a bit of familiarity with AWS
- Your fiscal residency is in Italy (due to paperwork)
What we don’t care about
- We don’t care whether you have a degree or not
- We don’t care about your gender
- We don’t care about where you will work from
What we do care about
- You have a get-shit-done attitude, and you are ready to get dirty: part of this job will be shipping cool new things, part will be dealing with frustrating systems and maintenance; both are critical for the company success
- You are hungry: if something is not working, you feel it in your bones
- You are a lifelong learner: if you don’t know something, you’re eager to go out there and learn it right away
- During the onboarding, you will have a senior developer working alongside with you
- We are a very small team, so your voice will matter a lot in how we decide to steer the company
- We will invest as much as we can in your learning: be it conferences, online courses, our internal library, internal workshops or resources
- Competitive base salary & stock options
Here’s how it works:
If we like your application, we’ll invite you for a 30-minute video call during which we will get a sense of your background. That’s the perfect moment to understand if we’re a good fit for you too. It’s nothing more than a friendly chat.
The final step of the hiring process is a proper deep dive with the whole team: tech, product, management. All cards on the table!