L E S S O N B E E
Associate Product Manager
Lessonbee Inc. is building a future where health and wellness are at the center of classroom instruction, and students have access to the lessons they need for success in school and in life. Our transformative health education platform and adaptive digital curriculum are democratizing health and sex education by making comprehensive, culturally responsive, medically accurate, and skills-based health education possible for every student in the US, regardless of their location.
We’re a small team doing big things in edtech, and were recently featured in TechCrunch, Forbes and Fast Company. Our values are authenticity, bravery, creativity, diversity, and clarity. As we enter the next stage in our business, we’re looking for a user-focused product manager to help evolve Lessonbee to support our mission to promote health and lifelong learning. Reporting to the CEO with a dotted line to the director of engineering, you will work collaboratively across content and technology to establish KPIs, and define, specify, and drive the execution of our product roadmap.
While data is a cornerstone of any product role, at Lessonbee, we believe curiosity, empathy, and intuition are what lead to true innovation. Our ideal candidate cares about people above things, is obsessed with understanding our users’ needs, and has a strong desire to improve the health of individuals, communities, schools, workplaces, and society at large.
- Work with stakeholders in creating and managing channels to generate demand for the product
- Build consensus for the product vision with the CEO and director of engineering
- Contribute to product strategy and vision by leveraging customer and market analysis, industry trends, and original thinking
- Develop documentation around existing use cases and feature sets
- Build an effective roadmap to support business objectives and stakeholder needs
- Be our product expert; conduct demos and produce thought leadership content
- Perform QA tasks such as regression testing, reproducing errors, and debugging with engineering
- Develop product requirements, user stories and feature requirements, to maintain the product backlog in close collaboration with content and technology teams
- Continuously monitor, measure, and report on key user, product, and business metrics
- Be an evangelist for the product both internally and externally
- BA/BS with at least 2 years experience delivering cloud-based software in a Product Management role, preferably with experience at an early to mid-stage startup
- Strong multitasking skills, self-awareness, curiosity, drive, and initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Very strong change management and documentation skills
- Must be able to manage to deadlines and prioritize daily, weekly and monthly tasks
- Adapts quickly to new processes, self manages, and proposes solutions leading to action
- Ability to successfully manage/execute multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to translate requirements into user stories and epics
- Basic technical knowledge and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies would be plus
- Understanding of product life cycle and strategies would be plus
- Understanding and exposure of working with product KPIs like Time To Market, Market Position etc. would be plus
We fully support working remotely.