Who we are:
TheVentureCity is an international, operator-led venture accelerator designed to make the global entrepreneurial ecosystem more diverse and accessible to fair capital. TheVentureCity combines the dynamics of a startup with the stability of a seasoned team of investors, entrepreneurs and operators to build companies for long-term growth and sustainability.
We are committed to building a diverse group of portfolio companies, stakeholders and ecosystem of partners. We genuinely believe that diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, culture, religion and sexual orientation truly brings a wealth of ideas and resources that strengthens our collective resolve – to support diverse founders building the most impactful companies.
We are also painstakingly aware that we live in a world where the best opportunities are heavily concentrated in a few postal codes, even though talent is globally distributed. We are determined to bridge this gap and provide the best entrepreneurs –regardless of location– the resources needed to elevate their businesses to extraordinary heights.
Back in 2017, we built an organization with values that reflect today’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals. We defined these values because we inherently believed that in order to change the world, we needed to start with ourselves. At TheVentureCity, the world’s minorities are our majority (100% female-founded company), thinking differently is the norm not the exception (who else talks about Iguanacorns?), and working to change billions of lives is our main KPI (we have no small dreams). Since the very beginning, being different and making a difference has been in our DNA.
Founded in 2017, we have worked with over 55 early-stage companies as partners and investors through our Product-Led Growth Program and invested $5M in small tickets in these companies.
We are headquartered in Miami and Madrid, with a presence in San Francisco and Sao Paulo. This role will be based in Miami, FL or remote within the US.
What we do:
Through our Fund and signature Product-Led Growth Program, we invest in and support ambitious founders that are building the next generation software companies. We invest in fast-growing Pre-Seed, Seed & Series A companies in the US, Latam and Europe that have massive scalability potential, are capital efficient and follow a product-led growth methodology.
We not only invest capital but also leverage our team of operators to help portfolio companies grow to unprecedented heights. For early-stage companies, we offer a 5 month Product-Led Growth Program aimed at helping them reach Product Market Fit and preparing them for Growth and scaling.
Who will you work with:
We are a passionate, committed and international executive team from hyper-growth companies with successful track records as mentors, entrepreneurs, and executives. A Dream Team with deep expertise growing tech companies globally. We not only support entrepreneurs with funding strategies but also with engineering, product, growth, data, marketing, legal and internationalization strategies for their startups.
You will work with great founders and a very talented extended team at TheVentureCity. Within the Product-Led Growth Program, you will be working alongside the product and engineering team.
What you will do:
- Due diligence on early stage companies to analyze their product design and user interface in order to provide recommendations to TheVentureCity team for investment purposes
- Working hands-on with the companies that join our program to review their UI/UX and provide them with sound recommendations that will allow the company to achieve quick-wins during our time together in the program
- Providing design related support to companies that lack design resources (human capital)
- Juggling multiple different products/companies in different markets (context switching)
- Working with many different founders and their teams on a daily basis
- Working in concert with a team of product, data, engineering, and growth specialists to help guide startups towards achieving success
What you need:
- 5+ years experience in UI/UX Design, either working for a startup, consultancy, or tech/coding school
- A passion for teaching introductory level design and user experience related material, repeatedly
- Experience conducting various research methodologies like user interviews, usability testing, journey mapping, survey writing, survey analysis and field studies
- Strong understanding of the end-to-end user-centered product design process
- A college degree in UI/UX Design or related field (nice to have, but not a must.
Who you are:
- You are a team player
- You are a people person
- You seek to be the best version of yourself
- Your are energetic and are relentless
- You are humble and have high ethical standards
- You understand the importance of diversity for this industry
- You are extremely curious and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge
- You enjoy being outside of your comfort zone and love trying new things
- You are a detail-oriented person
- You can thrive in an ambiguous and/or chaotic environment
- You are unafraid to ask the hard questions and speak up your mind
- You are a master of multi-tasking and execute effectively at the same time
- You bring creativity to everything you do
- You are a natural networker
- You are a good communicator
- You are an entrepreneur at heart
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance