Startup & Venture Partnership Director, USA
Who we are
We are operator-led investors from the first ticket to the first round. Our team is made up of entrepreneurs, hyper-growth tech company execs, and operators who are committed to supporting founders in their journeys to build sustainable companies through product-led growth.
We are driven to build a diverse group of portfolio companies, stakeholders and ecosystem of partners. We genuinely believe that diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, culture, religion and sexual orientation truly brings wealth of ideas and resources that strengthen our collective resolve – to support diverse founders building the most impactful companies.
We are also painstakingly aware that we live in a world where the best opportunities are heavily concentrated in a few postal codes, even though talent is globally distributed. We are determined to bridge this gap and provide the best entrepreneurs –regardless of location– the resources needed to elevate their businesses to extraordinary heights.
Since our foundation in 2017, we have invested in 70+ early-stage startups ranging from pre-seed to Series A not only as investors but as operators ready to support founders with whatever challenges arise.
We are headquartered in Miami and Madrid however this role will be based in the US with preference for Miami, Austin or Silicon Valley.
What we do
Through our Fund and Product-Led Growth expertise, we invest in ambitious founders that are building the next generation software companies. We invest in fast-growing Pre-Seed, Seed & Series A companies in the US, Latam and Europe that have massive scalability potential, are capital efficient and follow a product-led growth methodology.
The support we offer our startups is unparalleled as we become almost an extension of the startup’s team for a 5-month period through hands-on experience focused on engineering, product, and growth. Our tailored support also includes preparing founders for fundraising and leadership coaching to build a strong company culture.
What you will do
Your role will be to develop and manage relationships with other early-stage investors, angels, institutional investors and other influencers within the startup ecosystem to increase how TheVentureCity collaborates with other investors and ecosystem supporters. We believe that we can do even more together, from community events to co-investment opportunities.
We are looking for an individual who is capable of connecting the different tech ecosystems across the United States, and can identify potential partners that could benefit from working with TheVentureCity. This person should also understand venture capital investment and be able to identify solid investment opportunities.
We need an individual who is capable of operating equally at ease externally with potential partners and startups, and also internally with our cross-functional teams. Someone with deep connections in the local startup ecosystem, with strong relationship building skills, enthusiastic, confident, outgoing, curious, optimist at heart.
- Find new partners and startups for our seed investments
Explore the market and identify opportunities
Build and expand a network of partners
Keep a constant flow of investment opportunities coming and going from and to this network.
- Evaluate startup potential
Create a pipeline of highest potential startups
Pre-select the ones with a fit to our investment thesis
Evaluate the startups, collect all needed information
Choose the ones that are good candidates for our investment
- Build partnerships that will help you scale
- Represent TheVentureCity in different opportunities
Who you are
- Are you a well connected person in the startup ecosystem in the US?
The ideal person will already have their own network of investors, senior partners at Venture Capital, Corporate Venture Capital, and startup founders
- Are you a searcher?
We are looking for someone who is always looking for business opportunities and new deals
- Have you built a business before?
We are looking for a builder, a believer, someone with a real positive attitude, that understands how founders think.
- Are you autonomous enough to take ownership of challenges?
We are looking for highly self-motivated people that can work with minimal supervision.
- You are a people person
- Your are energetic and relentless
- You are extremely curious and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge
- You enjoy being outside of your comfort zone and love trying new things
- You bring creativity to everything you do
- You are a natural networker
- You are a good communicator
- You are an entrepreneur at heart
What you need
- +5 years of professional experience investing in startups, working with venture capital investors or early stage companies, or building and selling solutions to firms in this space
- Experience Angel Investing is a plus
- Permit to work in the US
- Native or Fluent English is required. Spanish is a plus
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance