S M O W L T E C H
Mid/Senior Full-Stack Developer
Online education is growing, but with it, some common problems are arising across the industry: How can organizations avoid online fraud? How can organizations verify that a student was actually the one who took the online exam or actually acquired the required skills in the online course?
Smowltech was born with the aim of helping organizations improve the quality assurance of their online evaluations. We have developed a system and method of authentication and continuous monitoring of the user in an online service using multibiometry.
How is working on Smowltech?
We’re a growing company with happy and motivated people, working on an impactful product on a fast-paced environment.
We strongly believe on the impact that our products has on the society
Our product and engineering teams are formed of diverse people from different locations and backgrounds forming a collaborative company who really want to go beyond the boundaries
Our main office is located in Donostia-San Sebastián but with a growing international focus and impact (we have customers in more that 15 countries over the world)
We are remotely friendly, with fully / partial remote positions depending on your location and role
We have flexible work environment & hours
We do regular team events
We run training programs (such as AWS Certifications)
We are looking for a mid to senior Full Stack Developer to work on scalable software solutions deployed to the cloud. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment. As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable with front-end and back-end technologies, development frameworks and third-party libraries.
You should have solid knowledge of software engineering life cycle process, including design, development, build/release, testing, Git source control, ticketing (Jira), and QA.
Your Tasks / Responsibilities
– Design, develop, test, and maintain applications deployed to cloud infrastructure (AWS)
– Design and implement client-side and server-side functionality (from storage to browser)
– Troubleshoot and refactor code on existing applications
– Create web-based user interface components and data visualizations
– Write and perform unit and other tests to insure quality of code
– Write technical documentation
– Lead and provide guidance to junior members of the team
– Self-manage your assigned tasks and coordinate the team
– Strong alignment with our values
– Ability to work independently, but being a good team player
– Ability to understand and help to make great product and business decisions
– 3 + years of experience in developing medium/large-scale web applications and distributed systems in a production environment, including experience with LAMP technologies (Linux, Apache, MySql, PHP)
– Experience with common web design and architectural patterns (valuable MVC frameworks)
– CSS3, HTML5, & jQuery skills. Node.js is also valuable
Main requirements should be complemented with one or more of the following technologies/skills:
– Experience with of AWS Basic Compute & Storage Services (EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, ELB)
– Experience with scripting languages (bash, python, ruby) to automate tasks (test, pipelines, cronjobs, etc)
– Good understanding and effective application of Linux command-line
– Experience working with git based tools like Gihub, GitLab, Bitbucket, Codecommit
Nice to have
– Experience with highly scalable distributed architectures
– Experience with Kubernetes/Docker
– AWS Serverless Technologies (Lambda, API Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, Fargate)
– Experience working with agile methodologies (SCRUM)
– Familiarity with core business applications such as Jira and Slack