Manager, Product-Led Growth EMEA
Who we are:
TheVentureCity is an international, operator-led venture accelerator designed to make the global entrepreneurial ecosystem more diverse, international and accessible to fair capital. TheVentureCity combines the dynamism of a startup with the stability of a seasoned team of investors, entrepreneurs and operators to build companies for long-term growth and sustainability.
We are committed to building a diverse group of portfolio companies, stakeholders and ecosystem of partners. We genuinely believe that diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, culture, religion and sexual orientation truly brings a wealth of ideas and resources that strengthen our collective resolve – to support diverse founders building the most impactful companies.
We are also painstakingly aware that we live in a world where the best opportunities are heavily concentrated in a few postal codes, even though talent is globally distributed. We are determined to bridge this gap and provide the best entrepreneurs –regardless of location– the resources needed to elevate their businesses to extraordinary heights.
Back in 2017, we built an organization with values that reflect today’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals. We defined these values because we inherently believed that in order to change the world, we needed to start with ourselves. At TheVentureCity, the world’s minorities are our majority (100% female-founded company), thinking differently is the norm not the exception (who else talks about iguanacorns?), and working to change billions of lives is our main KPI (we have no small dreams). Since the very beginning, being different and making a difference has been in our DNA.
Founded in 2017, we have worked with over 55 early-stage companies as partners and investors through our Product-Led Growth Program and invested +$5M in these companies.
We are headquartered in Miami and Madrid, with presence in San Francisco, and Sao Paulo. You should expect to work from our Madrid office as soon as the Covid restrictions ease up (hopefully soon!); in the meanwhile, you can work from wherever you call home as long as it’s in European time zone and you have a good connection to the internet 😉
What we do:
Through our Fund and signature Product-Led Growth Program, we invest in and support ambitious founders that are building the next generation software companies. We invest in fast-growing Pre-Seed, Seed & Series A companies in the US, Latam and Europe that have massive scalability potential, are capital efficient and follow a product-led growth methodology.
We not only invest capital but also leverage our team of operators to help portfolio companies grow to unprecedented heights. For early-stage companies, we offer a 5 month Product-Led Growth Program aimed at helping them reach Product Market Fit and preparing them for Growth and scaling.
Who will you work with:
We are a passionate, committed and international executive team from hyper-growth companies with successful track records as mentors, entrepreneurs, and executives. A Dream Team with deep expertise growing tech companies globally. We not only support entrepreneurs with funding strategies but also with engineering, product, growth, data, marketing, legal and internationalization strategies for their startups.
This position will work directly with great founders in our portfolio and with the Product-Led Growth Program EMEA team.
What you will do:
This is a key role within the Product-Led Growth Program team in EMEA. You will be managing an investment process from the first call, through the due diligence and, once invested, leading the startup through our Program. And after the startup participation in the Program you will still be helping our portfolio companies succeed. You will need to have a unique set of skills to be able to identify good founders and investment opportunities and at the same time provide them with sound strategic advice for their growth.
What you will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and screening potential investment opportunities
- Present investment opportunities to the investment committee
- Support the due diligence process and assist in closing the investments
- Lead or contribute to investment thesis, establishing domain expertise and credibility
- Comanage the Product-Led Growth Program, constantly seeking ways to improve it
- Actively manage startups through our Program being their main point of contact at TheVentureCity and making sure that they have an impactful and positive experience during their five months with us
- Help deliver the fundraising syllabus to the startups in the Program: investors deck building, pitch practice, data room essentials and strategy around the startup’s next fundraising round.
- Develop a deep understanding of the startup challenges and align TheVentureCity’s team and capabilities to help the founders address those
- Act as secondary contact to portfolio companies. Understand strategic needs, communicate insights and support portfolio companies when necessary
- Establish external relationships and engage with the tech, media, and entrepreneurship community to expand TheVentureCity’s network and evangelize our mission
- Oversee interns and manage their work making sure that they both learn and contribute to the success of the team
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc analysis as required by the team
What you need:
- 4-6 years of professional experience with proven entrepreneurial experience either as a founder, as part of the management of a successful startup or working at a Venture Capital or Accelerator Program
- Passion for founders, startups, growth and the use of technology to create a better World
- Strong financial, analytical, project management, presentation, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Experience participating in funding rounds for startups, cap table analysis and overall financial readiness for early stage startups
- Proven track record of personal, academic and professional achievements
- Ability to work in an independent, unstructured and goal-oriented manner
- Proficiency in English. Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
Who you are:
- You are a team player
- You are a people person
- You seek to be the best version of yourself
- Your are energetic, positive and relentless
- You are humble and have high ethical standards
- You are critical of opportunities, but can also the larger vision and possibilities
- You understand the importance of diversity for this industry and excel in international team dynamics
- You are extremely curious and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge
- You enjoy being outside of your comfort zone and love trying new things
- You are a detail-oriented person
- You can thrive in an ambiguous and/or chaotic environment
- You are unafraid to ask the hard questions and speak your mind
- You are a master of multi-tasking and execute effectively at the same time
- You bring creativity to everything you do
- You are a natural networker
- You are a good communicator
- You are an entrepreneur at heart
- You go above and beyond to assist founders
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance