Growth Marketing Manager
Who we are
TheVentureCity is an international, operator-led venture accelerator designed to make the global entrepreneurial ecosystem more diverse, international and accessible to fair capital. TheVentureCity combines the dynamism of a startup with the stability of a seasoned team of investors, entrepreneurs and operators to build companies for long-term growth and sustainability.
We are committed to building a diverse group of portfolio companies, stakeholders and ecosystem of partners. We genuinely believe that diversity of gender, ethnicity, race, culture, religion and sexual orientation truly brings wealth of ideas and resources that strengthen our collective resolve – to support diverse founders building the most impactful companies.
We are also painstakingly aware that we live in a world where the best opportunities are heavily concentrated in a few postal codes, even though talent is globally distributed. We are determined to bridge this gap and provide the best entrepreneurs –regardless of location– the resources needed to elevate their businesses to extraordinary heights.
Back in 2017, we built an organization with values that reflect today’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) goals. We defined these values because we inherently believed that in order to change the world, we needed to start with ourselves. At TheVentureCity, the world’s minorities are our majority (100% female-founded company), thinking differently is the norm not the exception (who else talks about iguanacorns? ), and working to change billions of lives is our main KPI (we have no small dreams). Since the very beginning, being different and making a difference has been in our DNA.
Founded in 2017, we have worked with over 55 early-stage companies as partners and investors through our Product-Led Growth Program and invested $5M in small tickets in these companies.
We are headquartered in Miami and Madrid, with presence in San Francisco, and Sao Paulo. This role will be based in Miami, FL or remote within the US.
What we do
Through our Fund and signature Product-Led Growth Program, we invest in and support ambitious founders that are building the next generation software companies. We invest in fast-growing Pre-Seed, Seed & Series A companies in the US, Latam and Europe that have massive scalability potential, are capital efficient and follow a product-led growth methodology.
We not only invest capital but also leverage our team of operators to help portfolio companies grow to unprecedented heights. For early-stage companies, we offer a 5 month Product-Led Growth Program aimed at helping them reach Product Market Fit and preparing them for Growth and scaling.
Who will you work with
We are a passionate, committed and international executive team from hyper-growth companies with successful track records as mentors, entrepreneurs, and executives. A Dream Team with deep expertise growing tech companies globally. We not only support entrepreneurs with funding strategies but also with engineering, product, growth, data, marketing, legal and internationalization strategies for their startups.
You will work with great founders and a very talented extended team at TheVentureCity. Within the Product-Led Growth Program EMEA team, you will be working alongside the product and engineering team.
What will you do
- Plan, execute and analyze user acquisition campaigns across performance and organic channels
- Serve as a subject expert and offer hands-on support to the companies in the portfolio across different growth marketing areas like user acquisition and user re-engagement.
- Create robust and effective marketing plans. Ensure that projects have a clearly articulated business case, align with overall company strategy.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with the internal team of TheVentureCity and stakeholders from the different companies.
- Build empathy and advocate to propose new solutions for the needs of our companies.
- Understand the market. Engage in continuous marketing research to stay abreast of the landscape and continue recommending the most efficient tactics to our founders.
- Manage multiple initiatives internally and externally. Establish and maintain open communication flow between stakeholders, and shepherd projects through to completion within deadlines. Work with colleagues as well as outside vendors, resources, and partners to ensure all opportunities are well-leveraged.
What you need
- You have 5+ years of experience in marketing or growth roles at hyper-growth startups or agencies.
- You have experience using content, SEO, social, and/or performance marketing to grow revenue or other relevant KPIs.
- You have a positive-sum mentality, and you’re equally excited about rolling up your sleeves to get something done, or reflecting on a marketing strategy and big picture.
- You are data-informed, and comfortable analyzing substantial data sets in some areas and recommending action with minimal information in others.
- Experience building lifecycle email flows to acquire, segment, and nurture users via personalized drip campaigns.
- You have experience diving into Google Analytics, doing an INDEX MATCH in Google Sheets, and understanding user behavior in tools like Amplitude or Mixpanel.
- You are familiar with no-code tools like Zapier, Airtable and excited about automation.
- You have experience building and managing a marketing P&L.
- You are a proactive, effective communicator, and excited about working in a diverse, distributed team.
Who you are:
- You are a team player
- You are a people person
- You seek to be the best version of yourself
- Your are energetic and are relentless
- You are humble and have high ethical standards
- You understand the importance of diversity for this industry
- You are extremely curious and have an insatiable thirst for knowledge
- You enjoy being outside of your comfort zone and love trying new things
- You are a detail-oriented person
- You can thrive in an ambiguous and/or chaotic environment
- You are unafraid to ask the hard questions and speak up your mind
- You are a master of multi-tasking and execute effectively at the same time
- You bring creativity to everything you do
- You are a natural networker
- You are a good communicator
- You are an entrepreneur at heart
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Annual bonus of 25% base salary based on performance
- 24 paid vacation days a year
- Daily lunch stipend
- Private health & life insurance