Growth marketing lead
TheVentureCity is a venture capital fund and tech ecosystem accelerator based in Miami and Madrid. Our mission is to help tech startups who are ready to expand internationally with growth capital and hands-on operational guidance. The work environment is optimistic, collaborative, diverse, busy—and fun!
The Growth team inside TheVentureCity is supports our portfolio and accelerator companies with product and growth analytics, growth strategy and execution. We are looking for an empathetic and tech-savvy growth marketer to join the team. The role will serve as a champion for product marketing and user acquisition inside TheVentureCity and will help the teams we work with bring their products to market effectively and increase their user base.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of product marketing background and hands on campaign management experience. He/she will have a sharp understanding of email marketing, social, and in-product marketing and be able to triage and create connections strategies within the right channels. He/she will bring a passion for startups and willingness to work with the entrepreneurs .
Responsibilities are focused on supporting the companies inside TheVentureCity in the following areas:
- Work in partnership with data team and identify growth opportunities based on data mining and quantitative analysis, and execute on ideas to drive growth, traffic and engagement
- Develop product positioning and messaging informed by user research, market insights, product understanding and product metrics
- Establish marketing/engagement goals for key announcements and campaigns
- Analyze the performance of the campaigns and optimizing them to achieve the set goals
We’re looking for someone whose background looks like the following:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience that can span marketing, product marketing, product management
- At least 4-5 years of product marketing or go-to-market experience; experience working in technology, infrastructure, or platform companies is preferred
- Experience successfully managing SEM and social campaigns in Facebook family of apps against aggressive ROI and growth goals
- Experience creating email marketing strategy and running email marketing campaigns
- Previous work running advertising effectiveness experiments including A/B, geographic and time-based experimentation
- Fluent English and Spanish
These skills and personal characteristics are critical to success in this position:
- You are a big, bold thinker with a track record of developing creative/innovative solutions
- You have experience working in a global team and collaborating across multiple geographies and handling multiple concurrent work streams
- You are a storyteller. You are able to adapt how you communicate to best reach and engage your audience—from developer to CEO. You have excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- You are data-oriented. You like working with data and insights and pair that with your passion for users to generate balanced and thoughtful points of view for how to take the products of the companies that we are working with to market
- You are passionate about technology and keen to learn about how things work and are able to explain technical concepts in ways that everyday people can understand
This position could be based in Madrid or Miami.