At Returnly we help brands that care about shopper loyalty offer better product returns. We’re are a financial technology services company that builds award-winning products that drive repurchase behaviour and customer loyalty. We’re backed by smart money VCs in Fintech including some prominent members of the Paypal Mafia. Our headquarters are in San Francisco Financial District and we have offices in Chicago and Madrid. We are on a mission to de-risk online commerce and are building a team of amazingly talented people to help us do it.
About the role:
Returnly is looking to hire a Country Manager for our Madrid office location who will be instrumental in developing and implementing company initiatives to ensure all aspects of local operations run efficiently. The Country Manager will proactively respond to the local landscape, focusing on both the employment market as well as industry trends in an effort to adhere to country regulations and cultural guidelines while designing and contributing to sustainable plans for company growth.
You are the sensor of local opportunities and threats
- Proactively identify local market and employment opportunities and threats to the business by assessing risk and developing feasible action plans
- Satisfy government requirements
- Drive adherence of Spain’s government requirements at both the business and employment levels
- Be an ambassador and champion of our brand and company culture
- Clear communicator, high signal and low noise
- Convey the importance of local intelligence to people higher up
- Connect local intelligence with global strategy
- You are the liaison with transnational functional managers
You are the builder of local resources and capabilities
- Create a software-development capability that would become a big corporate asset
- Define and execute local hiring plan
- Implement, operationalize and localize Returnly’s company culture
- Own the local talent journey: from meets and greets to interviewing, on-boarding, training and retaining, promoting and off-boarding
- Build, implement and contribute to company assets and operational practices with an eye for scalability and encouraging high levels of engagement/participation
- Leverage local resources and provide accessible ways for the company to tap into and benefit from them
- Oversee the hiring and training of regional staff. Be involved in identifying opportunities for professional development for local employees
- Gathering & sifting quantitative and qualitative info, predicting range of feasible outcomes
You are a contributor to and active participant in global strategy
- Synchronize with HQ and key stakeholders to define global strategy and optimize for business efficiencies while bridging cultural gaps
- Implement our global strategy locally
- Participate in cross functional committees and initiatives to drive company-wide growth
- Continuously practice linking local needs to global strategy
- Leverage your access to strategically important information to contribute to the way we make strategic and operational decisions
- Participate in product-development committees, product-marketing task forces, contribute to financial planning and accounting
- Present your views and defend your interests before senior corporate and domestic executives
Diversity – We are diverse, independent thinkers and still one team with one mission.
Openness and empathy – We learn and grow by listening to our customers and each other.
Integrity – We always do what’s right for our customers, Returnly and ourselves – in that order.
Team – EQ is as important as IQ. We make time to help each other out.
Commitment – We are curious and fearless. We own risk, outcomes and everything in between.
We’d really love to hear from you, but before applying please check the following…
Read the values section above carefully and ask yourself if this is a good match for you personally. We want you to be an ambassador of these values!
Do you have all the skills required for this role? Can you demonstrate them? Be realistic – we will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills and match these role requirements.
Please make sure you have included a cover letter as part of your application. We want to learn from you and your achievements before we meet you in person!